As per the Pa Catholic Conference:
Support HB 587.
Oppose HB 162, Human Trafficking, and HB 300 / SB 300.
Support Marriage and Pa's DOMA.Click to Email Gov. Corbett and all of Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg (i.e., Rep. Clymer, Rep. Davis, Rep. DiGirolomo, Rep. Farry, Rep. Galloway, Rep. O'Neill, Rep. Petri, Rep. Quinn, Rep. Santarsiero, Rep. Watson, Sen. Greenleaf, Sen. McIlhinney, Sen. Mensch, and Sen. Tomlinson), regarding :
- "Measure to Protect Women and Children Moves One Step Closer to Becoming Law" [Support HB 587]
- "Respect All Parties in Adoption" [Oppose HB 162]
- "Stop Human Trafficking!"
- "Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Gender Expression and Religious Liberty" [Oppose HB 300 / SB 300]
Admitting Privileges Legislation and Ultrasound Legislation
Click to Email a request that DiGirolamo, Galloway, and Watson (who are believed to be pro life) join Clymer as co-sponsors of Admitting Privileges Legislation (HB 1762), and that they reintroduce Ultrasound Legislation
- As per the Pa Pro Life Coalition, HB 1762 “requires abortionists to have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles of the facility where they are committing abortions….If your State House member is pro-life, please write to him or her with a request to co-sponsor H.B. 1762….Please write Rep. Ron Marsico, the Chairman of the Pa. House Judiciary Committee, and ask him to run H.B. 1762, as soon as reasonably possible….Please write Rep. Mike Turzai, the Pa. House Majority Leader, and ask him to run H.B. 1762, as soon as reasonably possible….Pa. Senator Stewart Greenleaf, the Chairman of the Pa. Senate Judiciary Committee, indicated that he is open to running H.B. 1762 in this Committee, which has a pro-life majority." Kudos to Bucks County's Rep Paul Clymer, who joined in introducing this legislation!
- As per a public policy partner of Focus on the Family, "There are about a dozen states that require that ultrasound images be offered to women seeking abortions, before the procedure is performed. Here in Pennsylvania, we do not currently have such a requirement. Here, an ultrasound bill was introduced last session by Rep. Kathy Rapp, R-Warren, and other key members of the House pro-life caucus and quickly gained more than 100 co-sponsors [Clymer, DiGirolamo, and Watson were among those who introduced HB 1077.]. But the abortion lobby and its allies on the political left – many even from out-of-state – went on the attack and intimidated otherwise well-meaning legislators from moving ahead, for now" (Pennsylvania: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words, Citizen Link, 12/19/13).
Support Chloe' Law; Oppose HB 872Email Gov. Corbett and all of Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg, asking that they support Chloe's Law and Oppose SB 872.
- Chloe's Law is meant to battle the silent genocide of pre-born children with Down Syndrome (http://tinyurl.com/HelpChloe).
- SB 872, ''Prohibiting mental health professionals from engaging in sexual orientation change efforts with an individual under 18 years of age" mirrors ill-advised legislation in California and New Jersey. ''In 2013 California and New Jersey passed laws that ban licensed mental health providers from offering sexual orientation change efforts (SOCE) to minors....the American College of Pediatricians and the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality insist that adolescents retain their right to choose SOCE with full informed consent under the care of experts in the field'' (Adolescents, Therapeutic Choice and Scientific Integrity, American College of Pediatricians, 2/13/14).