On April 6th, only Rep Craig Staats and Rep Kathy Watson cast pro life votes from Bucks County. Some of the Bucks County delegation appear to be treating their pro life consituents like fools....
"After 27 years of no efforts to ban, or even regulate, abortions in Pa., this bill [H.B. 1948] requires our state legislators to take a public position on legislation to ban some abortions and generate a public debate on certain aspects of the 'abortion issue.' The pro-life movement in Pa. can greatly benefit from this bill being debated and voted on in the Pa. House and Senate....
"The Pa. House Health Committee passed H.B.1948 on April 4, 2016 on a 16-10 vote after defeating an amendment to kill the bill by delaying action for public hearings on a 10-10 vote. On April 6, 2016, the full Pa. House defeated this same amendment on a 114-73 vote. Please visit www.house.state.pa.us to learn how your Pa. House member voted.
"Please note that some legislators who claim to be pro-life voted for this pro-abortion amendment and 15 legislators, most of whom claim to be pro-life, refused to vote on this amendment.
"The full Pa. House could hold a final passage vote as early as April 11, 2016. So, please contact your Pa. House member as soon as possible and urge him or her to vote for the final passage of H.B.1948.
"The Pa. Senate leadership has promised prompt action on H.B.1948. So, please also contact your State Senator and urge him or her to support this legislation and oppose any delaying or weakening amendments."
Sunday, April 10, 2016
Some of the Bucks County delegation appear to be treating their pro life consituents like fools....
You can click here to Email all of Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg on pro life and pro marriage/family legislation being championed by the Pa Catholic Conference, including HB 1948. As explained by Mike McMonagle of the Pro-Life Coalition of Pennsylvania:
Reflections on individual chapters of the Compendium
- God's Plan Of Love for Humanity
- The Church's Mission and Social Doctrine
- The Human Person and Human Rights
- Principles of the Church's Social Doctrine
- The Family, the Vital Cell of Society
- Human Work
- Economic Life
- Political Community
- The International Community
- Safeguarding the Environment
- The Promotion of Peace
- Social Doctrine and Ecclesial Action
- Conclusion, For a Civilization of Love
Reflections on the USCCB's Seven Key Themes of Catholic Social Teaching
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Catholic Medical Ethics: Blueprint for proclaiming the sanctity of life in health care - why conscience protection is invaluable!
- Code of Canon Law
- Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church
- Create in Me a Clean Heart: A Pastoral Response to Pornography
- Dignity of Marriage: A Study Guide to Dignitas Connubii
- Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship: A Call to Political Responsibility
- From Arcanum to the October 2015 Synod
- Gender Theory / Gender Ideology - Select Teaching Resources
- Into the Breach
- Marriage and Religion Research Institute (at CUA)
- Marriage: Unique for a Reason (USCCB)
- National Marriage Project
- National Organization for Marriage
- Questions and Answers About Marriage and Same-Sex Unions
- Say, Hasn't the Church Already Said a Few Things about Marriage/Family/Sexuality?
- Statement Calling for Constitutional Resistance to Obergefell v. Hodges
- Study Guide to St. Pope John Paul II's "Theology of the Body"
- Study Guide to the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Trafficking in Persons Reports
- What is Marriage?
- Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion
Our representation in D.C....
Click the below image, to check on the status of federal legislation:
Bucks County Government
Bucks County Parish bulletins, as of Divine Mercy Sunday, 2015
- St. Agnes, Sellersville
- St. Andrew, Newtown
- Assumption BVM, Feasterville
- St. Bede the Venerable, Holland
- St. Charles Borromeo, Bensalem
- St. Christopher, Philadelphia
- St. Cyril of Jerusalem, Jamison
- St. Ephrem, Bensalem
- St. Frances Cabrini, Fairless Hills
- Holy Trinity, Morrisville
- St. Ignatius of Antioch, Yardley
- St. Isidore, Quakertown
- St. John Bosco, Hatboro
- St. John the Baptist, Ottsville
- St. John the Evangelist, Morrisville
- St. Joseph, Warrington
- St. Jude, Chalfont
- St. Lawrence, Riegelsville
- St. Mark, Bristol
- St. Martin of Tours, New Hope
- St. Michael the Archangel, Levittown
- Nativity of Our Lord, Warminster
- Our Lady of Good Counsel, Southampton
- Our Lady of Grace, Penndel
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Buckingham
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Doylestown
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, Hilltown
- St. Philip Neri, Pennsburg
- Queen of the Universe, Levittown
- St. Robert Bellarmine, Warrington
- St. Thomas Aquinas, Croydon
- St. Vincent de Paul, Richboro