in Pennsylvania's First Congressional District
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania's_1st_congressional_district http://archphila.org/pastplan/MAPS/Arch.pdf
and the Central Garden State

Thursday, August 25, 2016

"Take My yoke upon you, says the Lord, and learn from Me, for I am meek and humble of heart."

"Take My yoke upon you, says the Lord, and learn from Me, for I am meek and humble of heart."

    • "I had prepared the Catechesis for today, as for all Wednesdays during this Year of Mercy, focusing on the closeness of Jesus. However, on hearing the news of the earthquake that struck central Italy, which has devastated entire areas and left many wounded, I cannot fail to express my heartfelt sorrow and spiritual closeness to all those present in the zones affected. I also express my condolences to those who have lost loved ones and my spiritual support to those who are anxious and afraid. Hearing the Mayor of Amatrice say that 'the town no longer exists', and learning that there are children among the dead, I am deeply saddened....And so we will postpone this week’s Catechesis to next Wednesday. I invite you to pray with me a part of the Holy Rosary, the Sorrowful Mysteries...." (Pope Francis, 8/24/16)
    • Memorial of St Monica:  "...God chose the foolish of the world to shame the wise...” (8/27/16)
    • Memorial Mass for Theresa Snyder: Our Lady of Good Counsel, 2nd Street Pike, Southampton, Pa (Monday Aug. 29th, 9 :00 a.m.)
    • "This Labor Day, we draw our attention to our sisters and brothers who face twin crises—deep trials in both the world of work and the state of the family....Saint John Paul II reminded us that human labor is an essential key to understanding our social relationships, vital to family formation and the building up of community according to our God-given dignity....In our call to rebuild community on a firmer foundation, we must rely upon the sister principles of solidarity and subsidiarity" (USCCB, 9/5/16).
    • National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children (9/10/16)

    Are Our Elected Officials in D.C. and Harrisburg Representing Us? 

    • Click to Email Pa's Congressional Delegation, asking for support of positions backed by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.  
    • Click to Email the governor, as well as all of Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg, on these pro life and pro marriage / family concerns. 
    ..

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    home page links

    The 10 Commandments

    The Beatitudes (from "Jesus of Nazareth")