3/12/17, Second Sunday of Lent
- Click here to review the federal positions backed by our bishops. On the right side of the home page is a link to send a combined email to the offices of Pa's congressional delegation, regarding those positions.
- Click here to review the state positions backed by the Pa Catholic Conference, the Pro-Life Coalition of Pennsylvania and/or the Pa Pro Life Federation. On the right side of the home page is a link to send a combined email to Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg, regarding those positions.
- With regard to the dismemberment abortion ban [cf, Pa Catholic Conference, Pa Pro Life Federation], the Pro Life Coalition of Pa tells us that "The Pa. House likely has a veto proof majority (of 136 votes) to pass S.B.3. However, the Pa. House leaders have not yet committed to run S.B.3....the Pa. House's passage of H.B.77 and failure to pass S.B.3 will likely result in a stalemate in which no pro-life legislation is sent to Gov. Wolf because the Pa. Senate refuses to run H.B.77 and the Pa. House refuses to run S.B.3....Please contact Speaker Turzai and Rep. Baker, and urge them to run S.B.3 in the Pa. House and not H.B.77."
- Act now to stop assisted suicide (Diocese of Trenton, 11/4/16)
- Boycott Target and boycotts/actions from America Needs Fatima and the National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- On the right side of the home page is a link to email USCCB President Cardinal DiNardo, USCCB Pro Life Chair Cardinal Dolan, USCCB Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth Chair Archbishop Chaput, and National Catholic Bioethics Center President John Haas, PhD, STL.
- Marriage Unique for a Reason (USCCB, 3/3/17)
- "All people have a right to safe drinking water. This is a basic human right and a central issue in today’s world (cf. Laudato Si’, 30; Caritas in Veritate, 27)....Water needs to be given the central place it deserves in the framework of public policy....Each day a thousand children die from water-related illnesses and millions of persons consume polluted water....God the Creator does not abandon us in our efforts to provide access to clean drinking water to each and to all" (Pope Francis, 2/24/17).