This information should be readily available on parish web sites and in parish bulletins....
At the web site for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), there are links to support
- "compassionate immigration reform,"
- the Health Care Conscience Rights Act (HR940/S1204),
- a Marriage Protection Amendment (HJRes51),
- the Marriage and Religious Freedom Act (HR3133/S1808 ),
- the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act (HR7/S946),
- the State Marriage Defense Act (HR 3829/S2024), and
- Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension (HR 3979).
The USCCB has also voiced support for
- the Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act (HR 3279/S1848),
- de-funding Planned Parenthood,
- the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (HR1797/S1670/S 886),
- a Special Envoy to Promote Religious Freedom of ReligiousMinorities in the Near East and South Central Asia (HR301/S653), and
- the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act (now HR732/S32/S369). As per a 2005 news item, "'The overwhelming majority of Americans believe parents should be involved in abortion decisions affecting their teenage daughters,' said Cathy Cleaver Ruse, Esq., Director of Planning and Information for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' Secretariat for Pro-Life Activities. 'Yet abortion advocacy groups support and facilitate secret out-of-state abortions for minors'....Last month a mother in Pennsylvania, where parental involvement is required, testified before Congress that her daughter was taken without her knowledge to New Jersey for a secret abortion by the parents of her daughter's boyfriend. After contacting state police, she learned that nothing could be done to protect her parental rights....'This practice exposes teens to the dangers of surgery and the heartbreak of abortion without the benefit of medical records or history, without necessary medical follow-up, and without the care and support of their own parents,' said Ruse."
- the Life at Conception Act (HR 1091, S 583)
The USCCB is OPPOSED to HR 1755/S815. Senator Casey and Senator Toomey have SHAMEFULLY voted "Yes" on S 815.