"the LORD delights in you and makes your land His spouse.
As a young man marries a virgin, your Builder shall marry you;
and as a bridegroom rejoices in his bride
so shall your God rejoice in you."
Made for the Common Good: Marriage safeguards justice (USCCB)
- "In order for celibacy to be a truly free choice, seminarians must be led to understand, by the light of faith, the evangelical power of such a gift.176 At the same time they should be able to esteem correctly the values of the married state: 'Marriage and celibacy are two states of authentic Christian life. Both are specific expressions of the Christian vocation'177" (Congregation for the Clergy, The Gift of the Priestly Vocation, 12/7/16, p. 48).
- "May this Day also inspire renewed efforts to defend the integrity and dignity of persons, not least through a correct approach to bioethical issues, the protection of the vulnerable and the protection of the environment" (Pope Francis, Message for World Day of the Sick [2/11/17], 12/8/16).
- Aren't these efforts tantamount to assaulting the conscience rights of health care workers in mental health services? (12/23/16)
- Act now to stop assisted suicide (Diocese of Trenton, 11/4/16)
- "Please send a message to the AMA today asking them to support the dignity of every person and the need for supportive and comprehensive end of life care" (Pa Catholic Conference).
- "At the beginning of this New Year, I offer heartfelt wishes of peace to the world’s peoples and nations, to heads of state and government, and to religious, civic and community leaders. I wish peace to every man, woman and child, and I pray that the image and likeness of God in each person will enable us to acknowledge one another as sacred gifts endowed with immense dignity. Especially in situations of conflict, let us respect this, our 'deepest dignity', and make active nonviolence our way of life" (Pope Francis, Message for 50th World Day of Peace [i.e., 1/1/17], 12/8/16).
- National Migration Week 2017 To Be Celebrated January 8-14 (USCCB, 12/21/16)
- "In the painful experience of these [migrant] brothers and sisters, we see again that of the Baby Jesus, who at the moment of birth did not find lodging and was born in a cave of Bethlehem; and then He was taken to Egypt to flee from Herod’s threat" (Pope Francis, 12/9/16).
- Urge President-Elect Trump to stay true to his word on pro Life concerns
- "We must work to ensure that Trump holds true to his promise to nominate justices who are religious liberty advocates. We must support those individuals and companies which stand up for religious liberty" (Matthew Archbold, 12/21/16)
- Trump's Words on Life, Conscience, and Religious Freedom (Daily Signal, 12/20/16)
- Click to Email Pa's Congressional Delegation, regarding positions backed by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (cf., also see Human Life Action's 12/16/16 email.)
- Action Alert to the Department of Homeland Security: Ensure the well-being of Haitians affected by Hurricane Matthew (USCCB)
- Click to Email all of Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg, re: issues/legislation backed by the Pa Catholic Conference.
- Boycotts and/or other actions from America Needs Fatima and the National Center on Sexual Exploitation,