- Human Life Action (HLA) is "a project of National Committee for a Human Life Amendment, Inc., (NCHLA), founded by the U.S. Catholic Bishops more than four decades ago" (cf, The Catholic Thing, 8/20/15). As per Human Life Action's 12/16/16 email:
"Looking ahead to a new Congress and a new Administration, we hope to see action on a number of pro-life priorities. Some bills we may see include No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion, Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act, Born Alive Abortion Survivors Act, and an effort to redirect funding from abortion clinics like Planned Parenthood. And, of course, we continue to hold as a priority the enactment of the policy of the Conscience Protection Act!"
- Click to Email Pa's Congressional Delegation, regarding positions backed by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (cf., also see Human Life Action's 12/16/16 email.)
- Action Alert to the Department of Homeland Security: Ensure the well-being of Haitians affected by Hurricane Matthew (USCCB)
- Click to Email all of Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg, re: issues/legislation backed by the Pa Catholic Conference.
- "On this World Day of the Sick, may we find new incentive to work for the growth of a culture of respect for life, health and the environment. May this Day also inspire renewed efforts to defend the integrity and dignity of persons, not least through a correct approach to bioethical issues, the protection of the vulnerable and the protection of the environment" (Pope Francis, Message for World Day of the Sick [2/11/17], 12/8/16).
- Act now to stop assisted suicide (Diocese of Trenton, 11/4/16)
- "Please send a message to the AMA today asking them to support the dignity of every person and the need for supportive and comprehensive end of life care" (Pa Catholic Conference).
- The curious mind of Milo Yiannopoulos (LifeSiteNews, 12/14/16)
- "In order for celibacy to be a truly free choice, seminarians must be led to understand, by the light of faith, the evangelical power of such a gift.176 At the same time they should be able to esteem correctly the values of the married state: 'Marriage and celibacy are two states of authentic Christian life. Both are specific expressions of the Christian vocation'177" (Congregation for the Clergy, The Gift of the Priestly Vocation, 12/7/16, p. 48).
- re: "Why are we not protecting married couples from the violence of contraception — the divorce of unitive and procreative aspects of the beautiful gift of sexuality? Why are we afraid of helping our brothers and sisters to live in truth, according to their dignity?" (12/3/16)
- Marriage Unique for a Reason (USCCB, 12/2/16)
- Mum, Dad and Kids Initiative Still Collecting Signatures (Zenit, 11/30/16)
- "At the beginning of this New Year, I offer heartfelt wishes of peace to the world’s peoples and nations, to heads of state and government, and to religious, civic and community leaders. I wish peace to every man, woman and child, and I pray that the image and likeness of God in each person will enable us to acknowledge one another as sacred gifts endowed with immense dignity. Especially in situations of conflict, let us respect this, our 'deepest dignity', and make active nonviolence our way of life" (Pope Francis, Message for 50th World Day of Peace [i.e., 1/1/17], 12/8/16).
- "In the painful experience of these [migrant] brothers and sisters, we see again that of the Baby Jesus, who at the moment of birth did not find lodging and was born in a cave of Bethlehem; and then He was taken to Egypt to flee from Herod’s threat" (Pope Francis, 12/9/16).
- Lawsuit Seeks to Decriminalize Prostitution in California; Anti-Porn Group Warns of Sex Trafficking Link (The Christian Post, 12/9/16)
- We Can’t Contracept Our Way to Maternal and Child Health (C-Fam, 12/8/16)
- Tell Amnesty International to Change Their Policy on the Decriminalization of Prostitution (National Center on Sexual Exploitation)
- Encourage Your Representatives To Do Something About Demand! We can't solve problem of sex trafficking until we curb the demand (National Center on Sexual Exploitation)
- Tell DOJ to enforce obscenity laws (National Center on Sexual Exploitation)
- St Francis Xavier and "Silence" (12/3/16)
- Blasphemous Bile from Groupon Goes Far Beyond Tastelessness (Tradition, Family, and Property)
- Target boycott (American Family Association)
- Tell Dark Horse Brewing Co. to Stop Blaspheming Our Lord Jesus (Tradition, Family, and Property)
- Protest Paramount’s Blasphemous Film “Office Christmas Party”(Return to Order)
- Keep Satan Out of Washington Schools (Return to Order)
- Tell The [Estonian] National Museum: STOP This CONTEMPTIBLE Attack On Mary (America Needs Fatima)
- Keep Satan Out of America (America Needs Fatima)
(at St. Patrick's Cathedral, NYC)