Some Sadducees, those who deny that there is a resurrection,
came forward and put this question to Jesus, saying,
“Teacher, Moses wrote for us,
If someone’s brother dies leaving a wife but no child,
his brother must take the wife
and raise up descendants for his brother.
Now there were seven brothers;
the first married a woman but died childless.
Then the second and the third married her,
and likewise all the seven died childless.
Finally the woman also died.
Now at the resurrection whose wife will that woman be?
For all seven had been married to her.”
Jesus said to them,
“The children of this age marry and remarry;
but those who are deemed worthy to attain to the coming age
and to the resurrection of the dead
neither marry nor are given in marriage.
They can no longer die,
for they are like angels;
and they are the children of God
because they are the ones who will rise.
That the dead will rise
even Moses made known in the passage about the bush,
when he called ‘Lord’
the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob;
and he is not God of the dead, but of the living,
for to him all are alive.”
Some of the scribes said in reply,
“Teacher, you have answered well.”
And they no longer dared to ask him anything.
- the amazing, fantastic, huge, terrific, tremendous TRUTH about the sanctity of marriage/family/sexuality!
- "One of the
most troubling of...open wounds is the trade in human
beings, a modern form of slavery, which violates the God-given dignity
of so many of our brothers and sisters and constitutes a true crime
against humanity" (Pope Francis, 11/7/16)
- Tell Amnesty International to Change Their Policy on the Decriminalization of Prostitution (National Center on Sexual Exploitation)
- Encourage Your Representatives To Do Something About Demand! We can't solve problem of sex trafficking until we curb the demand (National Center on Sexual Exploitation)
- Tell DOJ to enforce obscenity laws (National Center on Sexual Exploitation)
- Make America Good Again (Ruth Institute: Inspiring the Survivors of the Sexual Revolution, 11/9/16)
- Urge President-Elect Trump to stay true to his word on pro Life concerns
- 38th Anniversary of Pastoral on People with Disabilities (11/18/16)
- We Stand Ready to Assist Attorney General-Designate Sessions in Prosecuting Planned Parenthood (Christian Newswire, 11/18/16)
- Don’t Let Assisted Suicide Come to the Nation’s Capital (Richard Doerflinger, 11/14/16)
- "Please send a message to the AMA today asking them to support the dignity of every person and the need for supportive and comprehensive end of life care" (Pa Catholic Conference).
- Action Alert to the Department of Homeland Security: Ensure the well-being of Haitians affected by Hurricane Matthew (USCCB)
- Act now to stop assisted suicide (Diocese of Trenton, 11/4/16)
- Make Religious Freedom Great Again (Ryan Anderson, 11/11/16)
- Click to Email Pa's Congressional Delegation, asking for support of positions backed by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Click to Email all of Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg, asking for support of issues/legislation backed by the Pa Catholic Conference.
- Call to Prayer (USCCB, 11/18/16)