As per the Pa Catholic Conference,
- End Brutal Dismemberment Abortions
- Oppose Unfair Retroactive Statutes of Limitation Amendments
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Gender Expression and Religious Liberty
- Invest in Success: Expand EITC and OSTC Scholarships
As per the Pa Pro Life Federation,
- Let your state Senator know you don't want your right to vote for judges to be taken away (2/16/17)
- Dismemberment abortion ban legislation in House committee--calls and emails needed [TO PRO LIFE MEMBERS OF THE HEALTH COMMITTEE] (Pa Pro Life, 2/22/17; http://faithfulinthe8th.blogspot.com/2017/02/fw-dismemberment-abortion-ban.html)
Act now to stop assisted suicide (Diocese of Trenton, 11/4/16)
As per our bishops, we should contact the White House:
- Contact the President and Vice President Today and Urge Them to Support Religious Liberty!
- In Solidarity with Refugees (Tell your legislators to suspend the refugee executive order!)
As per our bishops, we should contact our elected representatives in D.C.:
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion
- Urge Congress to Enact the Conscience Protection Act of 2017! (Urge Congress to Enact the Conscience Protection Act of 2017!)
- Support SJ Res 13
- Urge Congress to Protect Human Dignity and Combat Human Trafficking!
- In Solidarity with Refugees (Tell your legislators to suspend the refugee executive order!; Please Support the BRIDGE ACT and DACA Youth)
- Urge Congress to Address Hunger and Climate Change Now!
- Urge Congress to press Israel to stop confiscation of Christian lands in Cremisan Valley
On the right side of the home page is a link to send a combined email to the offices of Pa's congressional delegation, regarding federal positions backed by our bishops (cf., Pa Catholic Conference, USCCB, USCCB's Justice for Immigrants, USCCB's Catholics Confront Global Poverty, Human Life Action, Human Life Action's 12/16/16 email.).
- Senate hearings for Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch are expected to start on March 20. As per the Pa Pro Life Federation, "Please call and email U.S. Senators Bob Casey and Pat Toomey and let them know you want them to support Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court. We recommend you call the Washington office and at least one of the local offices. If you get a recording, please leave a message. If the voice mailbox is full, try again later and make sure you send a written message through the link at the bottom of the phone list.
"Here are the numbers to call for Senator Casey:
(202) 224-6324--Washington office
(610) 782-9470--Allentown office
(814) 357-0314--Bellefonte office
(814) 874-5080--Erie office(215) 405-9660--Philadelphia office
(717) 231-7540--Harrisburg office
(412) 803-7370--Pittsburgh office
(570) 941-0930--Scranton office
"To send a written message to Senator Casey, go to his contact form here.
"Here are the numbers to call for Senator Toomey:
(202) 224-4254--Washington office
(610) 434-1444--Allentown office
(814) 453-3010--Erie office
(717) 782-3951--Harrisburg office
(814) 266-5970--Johnstown office(412) 803-3501--Pittsburgh office
(215) 241-1090--Philadelphia office
(570) 941-3540--Scranton office
"To send a written message to Senator Toomey, go to his contact form here" (Pa Pro Life Federation, 2/1/17)
- By our actions, all of us need to be authentic witness to the sanctity of human life proclaimed by Catholic medical ethics, but we see
disturbing situations hospitals in our own archdiocese.
At last check,
1) there was a paucity of nfp-only obgyns;
2) there were privileges for ivf specialists and associates of a practitioner involved with the glibly called ''fetal reduction'';
3) Holy Redeemer's ''Making Your Own Health Care Decisions'' failed to specify that immoral advance directives cannot be honored, while Saint Mary's ''Advanced Directives and Living Wills'' failed to specify teaching on nutrition and hydration.
Ads for providers of contraceptives should have no place in ''Catholic'' media, including parish bulletins - ESPECIALLY BECAUSE SOME PRODUCTS SOLD AS ''CONTRACEPTIVES'' CAN ACT AS ''ABORTIFACIENTS''! (Is this happening due to inadequate notions about ''cooperation''?).
Any use of so-called emergency ''contraception'' in Catholic hospitals should cease, because of the danger of abortion.
On the right side of the home page is a link to email USCCB President Cardinal DiNardo, USCCB Pro Life Chair Cardinal Dolan, USCCB Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth Chair Archbishop Chaput, and National Catholic Bioethics Center President John Haas, PhD, STL.
- The Pa Catholic Conference rhetorically asks " Should Doctors Be Neutral on Suicide?", asking us to urge the AMA to "Remain Opposed to Doctor Prescribed Suicide."
- Lady Day, March 8- "Pure Goodness At Work!" (The Catholic Lady, 2/24/17)
- USCCB Committee Chairmen Applaud the Repeal of “Dear Colleague Letter on Transgender Students” (USCCB, 2/24/17)
- Battling pornography: strategies for home and classroom (MercatorNet, 2/7/17)