- Click to send the below Email [without links] to USCCB President Cardinal DiNardo, USCCB Pro Life Chair Cardinal Dolan, USCCB Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth Chair Archbishop Chaput, and National Catholic Bioethics Center President John Haas, PhD, STL:
Your Eminences, Your Excellency, and Dr Haas:
As you know, ''the diocesan bishop is obliged, if necessary, to make known to the faithful the fact that the activity of a particular charitable agency is no longer being carried out in conformity with the church's teaching, and then to prohibit that agency from using the name 'Catholic' and to take the necessary measures should personal responsibilities emerge'' (Apostolic Letter Issued 'Motu Proprio' of the Supreme Pontiff Benedict XVI on the Services of Charity, 4/11/12).
With regard to hospitals in the Philadelphia Archdiocese, 1) there is a paucity of nfp-only obgyns; 2) there are privileges for ivf specialists and associates of a practitioner involved with the glibly called ''fetal reduction''; 3) Holy Redeemer's ''Making Your Own Health Care Decisions'' fails to specify that immoral advance directives cannot be honored, while Saint Mary's ''Advanced Directives and Living Wills'' fails to specify teaching on nutrition and hydration.
Ads for providers of contraceptives should have no place in ''Catholic'' media, including parish bulletins - ESPECIALLY BECAUSE SOME PRODUCTS SOLD AS ''CONTRACEPTIVES'' CAN ACT AS ''ABORTIFACIENTS''! Perhaps this is happening due to inadequate notions about ''cooperation.''
- Urgent legislative alert--Dismemberment abortion ban up for a vote--please call and email PA Senators (Pa Pro Life Federation, 2/4/16)
- "Please send a message to the AMA today asking them to support the dignity of every person and the need for supportive and comprehensive end of life care" (Pa Catholic Conference).
- The Prenatal Care Deception (LiveAction)
From well meaning pro life sources, we hear that there have been 59 million+ abortions in the United States, since the horrific 1/22/1973 Roe v Wade Supreme Court decisions (cf, www.numberofabortions.com/). Not even close! Pharmacists for Life International reports 308 million (when chemical and mechanical means are properly counted). Jesus' love abounds for each and every one of us - and for each and every one of those 308 million. We do our tiny brothers and sisters an injustice, when we fail to even count them.
- Marriage: Unique for a Reason (USCCB, 2/3/17)
- Call to Prayer (USCCB, 2/3/17)
- World Day for Consecrated Life (USCCB, 2/2/17)
- Vatican officials very concerned about influence of freemasonry (EWTN Great Britain, 2/3/17)
- Chair of USCCB International Committee Calls on Trump Administration to Pursue Peace between Israelis and Palestinians (USCCB, 2/2/17)
- Free to Serve (USCCB, 1/31/17)
- US Bishops Release Road Map to Improve Race Relations (National Catholic Register, 1/26/17)
- "The inviolability of the person which is a reflection of the absolute inviolability of God, fínds its primary and fundamental expression in the inviolability of human life. Above all, the common outcry, which is justly made on behalf of human rights-for example, the right to health, to home, to work, to family, to culture- is false and illusory if the right to life, the most basic and fundamental right and the condition for all other personal rights, is not defended with maximum determination." (Pope John Paul II, 12/30/1988)