National Marriage Week USA (2/7 to 2/14) and World Marriage Day (2/12)As per a letter to his brother bishops:
"Marriage, both as a natural institution and as a Christian sacrament, is an irreplaceable good for society and all people....
"Preaching Resource – We are pleased to offer a preaching resource based on the readings for World Marriage Day, Sunday, Feb. 12....We hope this will encourage and assist your priests and deacons in preaching about marriage and the family, with a suggested emphasis this year on the joy of following Christ’s commandments.
"Bulletin Insert – We are making available a new bulletin insert that can be used during National Marriage Week or at any time....
"Call to Prayer for Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty – During National Marriage Week, dioceses and parishes might consider promoting Friday February 10 as a day of prayer and sacrifice for this intention: 'May all married couples be strengthened in their call to reflect the love of the Trinity.' More about the Call to Prayer is available at www.usccb.org/pray.
"For Your Marriage and Por Tu Matrimonio – A large and varied collection of resources for couples who are married or preparing for marriage can be found in English and Spanish at www.ForYourMarriage.org and www.PorTuMatrimonio.org. Both sites also run Facebook pages, which will provide daily content during National Marriage Week: www.facebook.com/foryourmarriage and www.facebook.com/PorTuMatrimonio.
"Marriage: Unique for a Reason – Video and print materials and other educational and catechetical resources that present the beauty and explain the uniqueness of marriage as the union of one man and one woman can be found at www.MarriageUniqueforaReason.org....
"World Marriage Day – Resources for celebrating World Marriage Day (Sunday, Feb. 12), sponsored by Worldwide Marriage Encounter, are available at http://wmd.wwme.org. World Marriage Day, now in its 35th consecutive year, received the Apostolic Blessing of Pope St. John Paul II in 1993.
"National Marriage Week USA – Lastly, National Marriage Week, now in its eighth year, is a collaborative effort to influence the culture by faith communities, business, media, education, and non-profit groups. It promotes marriage as a benefit to husbands and wives and to the nation, as well as the best environment in which to raise children. Information and resources are at http://www.nationalmarriageweekusa.org. Dioceses might consider adding marriage programs, including conferences and retreats, to the national calendar facilitated by National Marriage Week USA....
I would be grateful if you could share this information with the clergy and lay leaders of your diocese"(Archbishop Charles Chaput of Philadelphia, USCCB Chairman of the Committee on Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth, 1/5/17)
- Punxsutawney Phil (2/2/17)
- Catholic Social Teaching (2/1/17)
- Free to Serve (USCCB, 1/31/17)
- Catholic Medical Ethics (1/29/17)
- Say, Hasn't the Church Already Said a Few Things about Marriage/Family/Sexuality (1/29/17).
- Call to Prayer (USCCB, 1/27/17)
- Marriage: Unique for a Reason (USCCB, 1/17/17)
- The Prenatal Care Deception (LiveAction)
- Boycott Target and boycotts/actions from America Needs Fatima and the National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Click to Email all of Bucks County's representatives and senators in Harrisburg, asking for support of issues/legislation backed by the Pa Catholic Conference and/or the Pa Pro Life Federation.
- Act now to stop assisted suicide (Diocese of Trenton, 11/4/16)
- Click to Email Pa's congressional delegation, regarding federal positions backed by our bishops (cf., Pa Catholic Conference, USCCB, USCCB's Justice for Immigrants, Human Life Action, Human Life Action's 12/16/16 email.)
call and email U.S. Senators Bob Casey and Pat Toomey and let them know
you want them to support Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court. We
recommend you call the Washington office and at least one of the local
offices. If you get a recording, please leave a message. If the voice
mailbox is full, try again later and make sure you send a written
message through the link at the bottom of the phone list.
"Here are the numbers to call for Senator Casey:
(202) 224-6324--Washington office
(610) 782-9470--Allentown office
(814) 357-0314--Bellefonte office
(814) 874-5080--Erie office(215) 405-9660--Philadelphia office
(717) 231-7540--Harrisburg office
(412) 803-7370--Pittsburgh office
(570) 941-0930--Scranton office
"To send a written message to Senator Casey, go to his contact form here.
"Here are the numbers to call for Senator Toomey:
(202) 224-4254--Washington office
(610) 434-1444--Allentown office
(814) 453-3010--Erie office
(717) 782-3951--Harrisburg office
(814) 266-5970--Johnstown office(412) 803-3501--Pittsburgh office
(215) 241-1090--Philadelphia office
(570) 941-3540--Scranton office
"To send a written message to Senator Toomey, go to his contact form here" (Pa Pro Life Federation, 2/1/17)
- Contact and encourage President Trump on his pro life and pro marriage/family promises. Because of the human dignity of all, "urge the President to reevaluate the Executive Order" (USCCB, 1/31/17)
- "President Donald Trump nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch to fill the seat on the U.S. Supreme Court....Pro-life organizations...were quick to praise the president's selection of someone who they said will 'carry on the legacy' of Scalia" (Catholic News Service, 2/1/17)
- "And be assured, be assured, that along with you, we will not grow weary, we will not rest until we restore a culture of life in America for ourselves and our posterity" (Vice President Mike Pence, 1/27/17)
- USCCB Pro Life Chairman Applauds Reestablishment of Mexico City Policy (USCCB, 1/23/17)
- "a repeal of key provisions of the Affordable Care Act ought not be undertaken without the concurrent passage of a replacement plan that ensures access to adequate health care for the millions of people who now rely upon it for their wellbeing" (USCCB, 1/18/17).