- An updated version of the Vatican's 1994 Charter for Health Care Workers has been long awaited (eg., Catholic News Service, 11/13/2012); The DivineMercy, 5/6/15):
- "At a Vatican press conference on February 6, the new dicastery for Integral Human Development introduced a new Charter for Health-Care Workers....The Charter provides encouragement and guidance for health-care workers in coping with three stages of human life: 'generating, living, dying.' Regarding 'generating,' the document affirms the Church’s teaching on the immorality of abortion and destructive embryo research. It calls for treating infertility problems only by natural methods, and without destroying unborn lives. The 'living' section includes articles on topics as diverse as anencephaly, ectopic pregnancy, embryo reduction, vaccines, regenerative medicine, and the treatment of rare diseases with 'orphan drugs.' The section on 'dying' stresses the need to respect the dignity of the person, providing care but not extraordinary or burdensome treatment for those who are terminally ill." (CatholicCulture.org, 2/16/17)
By our actions, all of us need to be authentic witness to the sanctity of human life proclaimed by Catholic medical ethics.
- While we need to be authentic witness to the sanctity of human life, we see disturbing situations hospitals in our own archdiocese.
At last check with our hospitals,
1) there is a paucity of nfp-only obgyns;
2) there are privileges for ivf specialists and associates of a practitioner involved with the glibly called ''fetal reduction'';
3) Holy Redeemer's ''Making Your Own Health Care Decisions'' fails to specify that immoral advance directives cannot be honored, while Saint Mary's ''Advanced Directives and Living Wills'' fails to specify teaching on nutrition and hydration.
Ads for providers of contraceptives should have no place in ''Catholic'' media, including parish bulletins - ESPECIALLY BECAUSE SOME PRODUCTS SOLD AS ''CONTRACEPTIVES'' CAN ACT AS ''ABORTIFACIENTS''! (Is this happening due to inadequate notions about ''cooperation''?).
Any use of so-called emergency ''contraception'' in Catholic hospitals should cease, because of the danger of abortion.
On the right side of the home page is a link to email USCCB President Cardinal DiNardo, USCCB Pro Life Chair Cardinal Dolan, USCCB Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth Chair Archbishop Chaput, and National Catholic Bioethics Center President John Haas, PhD, STL.
- The Pa Catholic Conference rhetorically asks " Should Doctors Be Neutral on Suicide?", asking us to urge the AMA to "Remain Opposed to Doctor Prescribed Suicide."
- "Her real name never appeared on the Supreme Court case that led to legalizing abortion nationwide ....In the end, she came out as a strong opponent of abortion and claimed that she had been used by lawyers working to overturn state restrictions of the practice....'Norma has been a friend of mine, and of Priests for Life, for more than 20 years,' said Father Frank Pavone....McCorvey called Father Pavone 'the catalyst that brought me into the Catholic Church'" (Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in legalizing abortion who later turned pro-life, dead at 69, Aletia, 2/18/17).
- Battling pornography: strategies for home and classroom (MercatorNet, 2/7/17)
- NaPro-TECHNOLOGY, New Hope in Infertility